Instructional Skills Course Benefits:
1. Understand the four-step teaching/learning process.
2. Understand how adults learn so that you can provide the most effective training delivery.
3. Learn how to develop effective lesson plans.
4. Learn the characteristics of a good instructor and how to incorporate them into your own teaching.
5. Learn how to effectively prepare for a presentation.
6. Identify and develop the skills necessary to become a dynamic speaker and effective educator.
7. Teach your own lesson and receive a supportive and constructive evaluation of your presentation.
8. Learn to develop and conduct in-house training programs, as well as effective on-the-job training.
9. Integrate the skills developed in this course with your daily supervision responsibilities.
This train-the-trainer course is for professionals responsible for the development and implementation of professional driver training programs. Students learn teaching skills and their practical application. In addition, students will have the opportunity to present their own lesson plans with critique following. The following topics are covered:
· The Instructional Process - Phases of the teaching-learning process.
· Principles of Learning - Effective training based upon motivation, participation, knowledge of results and reinforcement.
· How to Prepare Performance Objectives - Determining desired results for specific learning experiences.
· Teaching Assignments & Instructor Demonstration - Teaching topics for class presentation; instructor demonstration of a teaching topic.
· Evaluation of Training Effectiveness - How to analyze performance.
· Lesson Plans - Components; development; importance.
· Instructional Techniques - Selecting and using instructional techniques and aids.
· The Role of the Trainer - Tools for efficient administration.
· Practice Teaching - Presenting your own lesson & critique.
· Organization of an Effective Training Program - Developing the company-training program; how to evaluate results.