Motor Carrier Security Management
(1 or 2 Days)
View Course Schedule
After this course, participants will be able to:
1. Train drivers on security procedures
2. Conduct a site security assessment
3. Control access to facilities and vehicles
4. Ensure cargo is secure on the road
5. Reduce terrorist threats
6. Conduct thorough background checks
7. Comply with federal security requirements for hauling hazardous materials
8. Develop a security plan
Course Description: Developed by the University of Central Florida Center for Homeland Security and taught by Transportation Security Administration certified instructors, this course provides managers responsible for fleet security comprehensive training on security management, including preventing terrorist threats, and effectively managing facility, driver and cargo security programs. Sample programs, policies and procedures provided. The course covers:
· Global Terrorism and Threats to Motor Carriers: Major terrorist organizations threatening United States interests, their goals, and methods of operations. Understand the various Weapons of Mass Destruction and how motor carrier industry resources could be used as delivery system.
· Site Security Assessment Procedures: Recommended procedures to be followed when completing or contracting for a site security assessment. Examples provided.
· Site Access & Exit Control: Access controls for persons and vehicles entering the site. Identification procedures for employees, vendors, and others with access requirements, as well as temporary visitors.
· Cargo Security: Controlling vehicles departing site to reduce the risk of theft of vehicle/cargo
· Recommended and Required Hiring Procedures: including background checks and meeting federal requirements when hiring individuals to haul hazardous materials.
· Security Awareness for Drivers: Recommended security procedures to be used on the road including security tracking and procedures for reducing the risk of loss of vehicle or cargo. Recommended training program for drivers.
· ID of Criminal Aliens, 4th Amendment & Civil Rights: Training on identification procedures as well as 4th Amendment & Civil Rights of citizens and foreign nationals.