American Trucking Association
Gearing Up for Administrative & Civil Litigation
September 24, 2013
Register Early, Seating Limited
ATA is pleased to host this 1-day course on September 24, 2013 at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort in conjunction with the ATA Safety Management Council's 2013 Safety & HR Conference & Exhibition.
NATMI's goal is to help motor carrier personnel acquire enhanced knowledge, skill and ability to defend itself in DOT administrative and/or civil litigation proceedings. The NATMI course is designed to be fast paced, exciting and interactive. Group exercises are intended so that attendees will have to demonstrate the concepts and strategies learned to sharpen skills and abilities.
Who should attend?
Motor carrier officials who are most likely to be involved in defending DOT compliance enforcement actions and/or lawsuits filed against their employer because of truck accidents and other events.
Members - $299 / Nonmembers - $349.00
Registration starts at 7:30am. The course will begin at 8:00am and end at 4:00 pm.
September 24, 2013 - Big Rock Topics
(8:00 am to 4:00 pm)
Big Rock #1: Using the rulemaking process to defend carrier actions
Big Rock #2: Nuts and bolts of defending against DOT safety rating downgrades and notice of civil claims
Examples of Discussion Topics :
- Does trucking have a voice that is being herd by DOT?
- Knowing what buttons to push and ones to avoid.
- A peek inside the DOT.
- How to effectively use the rulemaking process to your advantage.
- The 5 rules to jump-start corporate safety.
- The power of DOT safety investigators.
- The inside skinny on safety rating downgrades and civil penalty enforcement claims.
- 10 BIG, BIG, BIG, mistakes carriers make during compliance reviews.
- How to request Administrative Adjudication and is it worth the effort and cost.
- Group exercises and more.
Big Rock #3: The essential components of pre-trial activities that carrier officials must understand and master.
Big Rock #4: The essential components of trial activities that carrier officials must understand and master.
Examples of Discussion Topics:
- Knowing all about federal law.
- Knowing essential components of discovery.
- The triple dozen of Do's and Dont's to effective deposition testimony.
- Understanding the Plaintiffs' Bar and concept of spoliation.
- Knowing the types of evidence and how to preserve it.
- 9 factors juries use to determine witness' credibility during trial.
- Group Exercises and more.
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Casino Resort - (775) 356-3300
To receive the discounted room rate of $75 single/double + tax +$7.00 per night resort fee - Reference Group Code: GSHRC