Colorado Motor Carriers Association
Gearing Up for Administrative & Civil Litigation
January 23-24, 2013
Register Early, Limited to 16 Seats
To register, call Patti Gillette at CMCA - (303) 433-3375 ext. 104 on or before January 17, 2013
CMCA is pleased to host this 2-day course on January 23-24, 2013 at CMCA's offices for review and comment by Colorado motor carriers. Participants will NOT be charged for attending this NATMI course. Rather, participants will be asked only to evaluate the course content and to submit their written or electronic comments and suggestions to NATMI. However, participants will be responsible for their own travel and expenses while attending the course.
NATMI's goal is to help motor carrier personnel acquire enhanced knowledge, skill and ability to defend itself in DOT administrative and/or civil litigation proceedings. The NATMI course is designed to be fast paced, exciting and interactive. Group exercises are intended so that attendees will have to demonstrate the concepts and strategies learned to sharpen skills and abilities.
Who should attend?
Motor carrier officials who are most likely to be involved in defending DOT compliance enforcement actions and/or lawsuits filed against their employer because of truck accidents and other events.
Participants may register by calling Patti Gillette at CMCA - (303) 433-3375 ext 104 on or before January 17, 2013. Please note the course will be limited to the first 16-people to sign up for the beta test. The course will begin at 8:30am on January 23rd and end at 5:00 pm on January 24, 2013.
First Day - January 23, 2013 - Big Rock Topics
(8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
Big Rock #1: Using the rulemaking process to defend carrier actions
Big Rock #2: Nuts and bolts of defending against DOT safety rating downgrades and notice of civil claims
Examples of Discussion Topics for Day 1:
- Does trucking have a voice that is being herd by DOT?
- Knowing what buttons to push and ones to avoid.
- A peek inside the DOT.
- How to effectively use the rulemaking process to your advantage.
- The 5 rules to jump-start corporate safety.
- The power of DOT safety investigators.
- The inside skinny on safety rating downgrades and civil penalty enforcement claims.
- 10 BIG, BIG, BIG, mistakes carriers make during compliance reviews.
- How to request Administrative Adjudication and is it worth the effort and cost.
- Group exercises and more.
Second Day - January 24, 2013 - Big Rock Topics
(8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
Big Rock #3: The essential components of pre-trial activities that carrier officials must understand and master.
Big Rock #4: The essential components of trial activities that carrier officials must understand and master.
Examples of Discussion Topics for Day 2:
- Knowing all about federal law.
- Knowing essential components of discovery.
- The triple dozen of Do's and Dont's to effective deposition testimony.
- Understanding the Plaintiffs' Bar and concept of spoliation.
- Knowing the types of evidence and how to preserve it.
- 9 factors juries use to determine witness' credibility during trial.
- Group Exercises and more.
Contact CMCA - (303) 433-3375