Certified Cargo Security Professional
STEPS TO CERTIFICATION
1. Meet the minimum exprience requirements.
2. Pass a comprehensive certification examination.
3. Fill out the formal application contained in the certification kit,
4. Submit an exhibit binder with (3) letters of recommendation
Purchase the full CCSP Certification Package: Includes CCSP Exam Registration fee, Certification Kit (contains certification application and guidelines), and CCSP Resource Guidebook. These items are also included in the full registration fee for the CCSP Exam Preparation course.
CCSP Resource Guidbook
CCSP Certification Kit (includes certification application)
Experience Required -- as described in either item 1 or 2 below:
1. Baccalaureate degree from any accredited Institution of Higher Learning; Master’s or related
degree (PhD, MD, or JD), or High School Diploma or GED equivalent with one (1) year
experience in the cargo/transportation industry; or
2. Five (5) years supervisory or management experience in the cargo/transportation industry.
*Acceptable documents include copies of your official transcripts or diploma demonstrating
highest level of education attained; or signed statements from existing and/or previous
employers that verify meeting the minimum experience requirement.
Recommended Training Programs: The following programs are recommended as preparatory courses for the CCSP Exam.
CCSP Exam Preparation Course (1 Day)
Certification Exam: Click here to register for the CCSP Exam
The CCSP examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions and candidates are alloted 2 hours for completion. Candidates must score 70% or better. Be prepared for the CCSP Exam! Click here to obtain the CCSP Resource Guidebook™. The exam covers the following knowledge domain areas:
- Risk Management
- Facility Physical Security
- Information/Computer Security
- Personnel Security
- Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Hazardous Materials
- Legal and Legislative
- Business Continuity
- Cargo Securement (Security)
- Cross Border Operations
- Food/Agriculture Security
Renewal is required on each 3-year anniversary of your initial certification and subsequent renewals. Renewal is based on points earned for a minimum number of continuing education and professional development activities completed during each 3-year cycle. Click here for the renewal requirements.